The secret to these potatoes is adding herb stuffing mix at the end. Here is a little demonstration but the full recipe will be at the end.
First you cut up your potatoes. How you cut them up doesn’t really matter, as long as they’re in chunks.
Then you add your cheese and mix that up together.
Next you mix up some melted butter, cream of chicken, onion, and salt and pepper. Pour that over your potatoes.
Now you just let them cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. I stirred them a couple times while they were cooking. When they are tender you mix in some sour cream (I never said these were healthy ;-)). Put some stuffing in a bowl, add some melted butter to make the stuffing a little moist, and toss that in with your potatoes. Mix everything up and it’s ready to serve! In my experience, people have really liked these potatoes! The stuffing adds a little something different but tastes oh so good. Here is the full recipe:
Cheesy Crock Pot Potatoes
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mexican blend)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz)
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- 7 Tablespoons melted butter (divided into 4 Tbl and 3 Tbl)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups stuffing cubes ( I used Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix)
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks and put in crock pot. Add the cheese and toss.
- Combine the cream of chicken soup, onion, 4 Tbl melted butter, salt, and pepper. Pour over the potatoes and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- When potatoes are tender, stir in sour cream.
- Mix stuffing mix and remaining 3 Tbl butter together, then pour on top of potato mixture. Stir everything together and you’re ready to eat!