Bacon, eggs, potatoes, cheese, and gravy wrapped in a tortilla. It’s a pretty good way to start the morning. And it can last many mornings if you make extra, wrap them and store them in the freezer. Here’s my burrito assembly set up:
Now I know that breakfast burritos really aren’t that hard to make. But there are many options and ways to do it. So since I was making a batch, I thought I would share!
To start I cooked up the potatoes. I used diced potatoes found in the frozen section, but shredded would work too! Once those were browned and cooked, I added in beaten eggs. Stir into potatoes until scrambled. Turn heat off and add shredded cheese. It will melt as you stir it in. It’s nice to have the potatoes and eggs in one skillet. Less dishes, less mess.
And Bacon. Yes bacon. The salty, meaty, crispy goodness that completes every good breakfast meal. Cook it until crisp and crumble into a bowl.
I chose to top it off with bacon gravy. I grew up going to my MiMi’s house for biscuits and bacon gravy, so its definitely a comfort food for me. You could choose a different gravy or green chili. Both are great options.
Wrap up the leftovers and store in a zip lock in the freezer.
Breakfast Burritos – Bacon, egg, potato, and gravy
- Diced potatoes – half of a 32 oz bag
- 8-10 large eggs
- 7 slices of thick cut bacon
- Shredded cheese for sprinkling on top of potato/egg mixture
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gravy or green chili
- Large tortillas
- Follow directions on the diced potatoes package. Add in salt and pepper to taste. I started cooking the bacon at the same time as the potatoes. (In a separate skillet of course ;))
- In a separate bowl crack your eggs and beat. I like to add a little bit of milk to help fluff them up.
- When potatoes are cooked, pour in the eggs and stir until scrambled. Take off heat and sprinkle cheese on top. Stir to melt it into the mixture.
- Crumble bacon into a bowl. If you’re making bacon gravy, don’t forget to save some of the bacon grease.
- Heat up your green chili or gravy of choice. This is the bacon gravy recipe I used:
- Set up your breakfast burrito assembly and go to town!
1-tortilla 2-potato/egg mix 3-crumbled bacon 4-gravy or green chili 5-wrap it up
- Saran wrap and freeze in a zip lock