I love getting the burrito bowls at Qdoba’s or Chipotle’s. I made my own version in the crockpot at home and it turned really good! Just 5 ingredients and it cooks on low 4-6 hours.
My crockpot tends to cook fast so it only took 4 hours for me. Then you shred the chicken, mix it back in the crockpot with the other ingredients and its ready to be served on rice.
Top with your favorite stuff, ie: cheese, sour cream, avocado, etc. It’s easy enough for a weeknight!
Here are the ingredients:
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- Rice (cooked)
- Desired toppings
- Lay your chicken breasts in the crockpot. Mine were frozen because I know my crockpot cooks fast. Then sprinkle the taco seasoning on top.
- Pour the salsa, corn, and black beans in and cook on low 4-6 hours. When the chicken is done, shred it and mix it back in with the other ingredients.
- Cook your rice how you like it. I used a rice cooker and added lemon and cilantro.
- To serve we layered rice first, added the chicken mix, and then added cheese, sour cream, and avocado.