Country pork ribs go on sale a lot. So you can get a lot of them for a good price and then freeze them for future meals. My go to recipe for these are throwing them in the crock pot with sliced onions, BBQ sauce, and some spices. They come out tender and delicious! You can use any BBQ sauce you like. I’ve used Sweet Baby Ray’s and Famous Dave’s.
Put the onion slices and garlic salt on the bottom of the crock pot
Then place the pork ribs on top
Pour the bottle of BBQ sauce over the ribs
Sprinkle oregano and chile powder over that and cook on low 6 hours
Add a side of potatoes or mac n cheese with a steamed veggie and you’ve got yourself a country comfort meal 🙂
- Country Pork Ribs (2 lbs)
- 1/2 an onion
- garlic salt (about 1/2 tsp)
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce (18-20 oz)
- Oregano (about 1 tsp)
- Chile powder (amount depends on how spicy you’d like them. I’m not a fan of spicy so I just do a light sprinkling)
- Put the onion slices on the bottom of the crock pot and sprinkle garlic salt on top.
- Place the ribs on top and pour on the bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Sprinkle oregano and chile powder and cook on low 6-8 hours.