I love tortellinis! I used to ask for them for my birthday dinner with alfredo sauce. Pasta filled with cheese. Can’t go wrong there! Today I wanted to add some veggies and put it in a soup to make it a healthier dinner for us. I read through some soup variations and came up with this. I was pleased with the outcome, so here it is! Oh, and big bonus. It’s quick and easy!
- half an onion, diced
- 2 Tbl olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 cups (or 32 oz) vegetable broth
- 1 tsp basil
- Tri Color Cheese Tortellini, 19 oz bag
- 3 cups fresh chopped spinach (no stems)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Pour oil into large stock pot and sauté diced onions. Once tender, add garlic salt.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and basil. Let come to a boil on medium heat.
- Then add the tortellini, spinach, and parmesan. Once tortellini is soft, pour the half and half in. Crack fresh pepper to your liking. Let soup come to a boil again.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂