But, I do enjoy curling up in my comfy clothes under a blanket with a plate of something warm and delicious. So here is something warm and delicious 🙂 Chicken and noodles with tender carrots and celery.
I cooked a couple of chicken breasts in the crock pot the day before, then shredded and stuck it in the fridge for this recipe the next day. Super simple.
You could also pick up a rotisserie chicken. Better yet, Costco sells rotisserie chicken already picked off the bones and packaged for you.
Then I put 3 Tablespoons of dried minced onion. Next time I will cut up a fresh onion. I didn’t really taste onion at all with the dried. I added my pre-cooked shredded chicken and organic chicken stock.
And for the noodles I used Grandma’s Noodles found in the frozen section. You’ll want them to be thawed enough that you can pull the noodles apart when adding them in. I just sprinkled salt and pepper but next time I’ll kick it up a notch and add in some more spices. Rosemary, thyme, garlic, whatever suits your fancy 🙂
Cook that on low for about 5 hours (different crock pots vary of course). And by dinnertime you’ll be happily warming up with some chicken and noodles.
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded (or in bite sized pieces)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut
- 5 celery stocks, chopped up
- 32-40 oz chicken stock/broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 package Grandma’s Noodles (11 oz)
- Spices (salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- Put it all in the crock pot and let cook on low for approximately 5 hours. Yields 5-6 servings.