I don’t know about you, but it bothers me when I go to get crackers and the sleeve is open and the crackers are stale like. Blehk. So as I was putting away a newly opened sleeve of crackers, an idea came to me. I had just tossed away an empty bread bag with one of those plastic bread twisty things on it (forgive me, I don’t know the technical name). If I put that on my sleeve of crackers, it would keep them from doing that! Yes! So I did 🙂
and I’ve been happy with my none stale crackers ever since 🙂 Here are some more handy dandy tips I’ve found online and been successful with:
- Cleaning the blender? Don’t need to take it apart! Blend up some water and soap. Make sure you do a water only rinse cycle or two. You wouldn’t want your smoothie to have a soap flavor.
- Towels not getting the fresh clean scent after you wash them? Still have a funky smell? Pour in a cup of vinegar with your towel load washing with hot water. Then wash again with 1/2 cup baking soda. Should fix the problem!
- The dishwasher doesn’t have to just wash and sanitize dishes! Throw in a scrub brush, tooth brush, toys, or other plastic items that need sanitizing.
- Your Kitchen-aid Stand Mixer will shred your chicken for you in a snap! I LOVE this and use it for ALL my recipes that call for cooked shredded chicken. Once your chicken is cooked (still hot makes it shred the quickest), toss it in the mixer with the paddle attachment. Turn it on a low setting (or higher if you need) and watch it shred it for you 🙂 Works every time!
- Is your candle at the end of its rope? If you like the jar it came in, you can get the wax out very easily and store things in it (cotton balls, q-tips, etc). Boil water and pour it into the jar. The candle wax will float to the top.
I hope some of these tips help you out!