Peaches are one of my favorite fruits! They’re so sweet and juicy and perfect on a hot summer day. I’ve had many a peach cobbler but this recipe is my favorite one. No matter how full I get from stuffing my face with it, I still want to eat more. Dangerous, but totally worth it! If you have peaches then chances are, you have the rest of the ingredients and can whip this up tonight….soon….like right now!
So first you put your 6 cups of peaches (drained if already sliced and sitting in juice) in a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish. Then you combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice and sprinkle it over your peaches.
Then combine more flour, some sugar, little bit of baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir in a beaten egg to make it crumbly. Sprinkle this magical stuff over your peaches too.
And for the finishing touch a little melted butter.
Bake this baby up at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until its golden brown. When it comes out of the oven and cools a bit, scoop it in a bowl with some vanilla bean ice cream on top (optional of course) and let it melt in your mouth.
- 6 cups sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbl flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- Place peaches in a greased shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over peaches.
- For topping combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir in beaten egg until mixture is coarse crumbles and sprinkle on top of peaches.
- Melt butter and pour over crumbles.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35-45 minutes. Make sure the topping is done all the way through. It can appear done on top but when you cut into it it’s still doughy underneath.