I saw some recipes for these cookies, but the ones I found didn’t use a cake mix. I had a red velvet cake mix to use and thought, “Hey, why not?” If it cuts corners for me I’m totally in. So I began with a Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix and then also added eggs, vanilla, butter, flour, canola oil, and white chocolate chips
Just use a large cooking spoon to mix everything except the chocolate chips together. The tricky part is getting all those little cake mix crumbles gone. If you don’t, you will have brown specks in your cookies. Once you mix everything into a dough, add the white chocolate chips.
I used a spoon to help me form medium sized dough balls and put them on a greased cookie sheet. In between cooking batches I put the mixing bowl with the dough in the refrigerator to keep it from getting too sticky.
As you can see, this cookie sheet has been used for many years. But, it still works just great.
I baked these for 9 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I let them cool on the counter for a few minutes before removing them with a spatula to cool the rest of the way. I would say these cookies are more cake like than gooey like. I’ll take them either way 🙂
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chips Cookies
- 1 red velvet cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 Tbl flour
- 2 Tbl oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Melt butter and set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl mix together red velvet cake mix, eggs, butter, flour, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir with a large cooking spoon. Make sure to get all the cake crumbles smashed so you won’t have brown specks in your cookies.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and stir.
- Form medium sized dough balls with your hand and a spoon. Place on greased cookie sheet (separated enough so they won’t touch when cooked).
- While cooking each batch, place dough in fridge to keep from getting too sticky.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet until cooled enough to transfer to another place to continue cooling.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk 🙂