These calzones are so good and so easy! I made this a lot in college because it took me 5 minutes to throw together, a few minutes in the oven, and then I was chowing down on a delicious calzone. I now make it for my husband and me quite often. I buy the Pillsbury Pizza Dough (thin crust) but I’m sure any other brand would be great too. I unroll the dough and cut it in half. Then I put a spoonful of pizza sauce on each half of it. A little side note: did you know pizza sauce stays good in the fridge for a pretty long time? It does! So don’t throw it away. Save it for the next time you have calzones!
Next is the cheese and toppings
Mmmm…I’m getting hungry just looking at this. Okay so now that I have the inside of the calzones all put together, it’s time to fold over the top and pinch the sides
I scooch the calzones back to the center of the pan after doing this. Then spray some canola oil cooking spray on top of the dough. My dough said to heat the oven to 400 degrees F and it took about 12 minutes to cook.
And there’s the easy peasy calzone! There’s some extra pizza sauce in my picture for dipping the bread. It’s so tasty and filling!
- Pillsbury Pizza Dough (thin crust)
- Pizza Sauce (I used Prego)
- Toppings (pepperoni, ham, beef, olives, pineapple, whatever your heart desires)
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to the temperature your dough package tells you. Mine said 400 degrees F. Spray your baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Open your pizza dough and roll it out on your baking sheet.
- Cut the dough in half, vertically. Put a spoonful (or more if you like more) of pizza sauce on each half of dough, but only on half of it. I always put it on the halves closest to me.
- Add your cheese and toppings on top of the pizza sauce.
- Fold the side of the dough with nothing on it over the top of all your toppings. Now all your toppings and sauce are enclosed in dough. Pinch all the way around it so that nothing comes out while cooking.
- Lightly spray the tops of your calzones with the non stick cooking spray and bake in the oven for the time it tells you on the dough package or until the tops are golden brown. It took 12 minutes for mine.
Yields: 2 Calzones
this looks so quick & easy to make! Found your recipe over @ My Recipe Magic 🙂 Have a great day