For Christmas I did a lot of handmade gifts. One of them was a photo frame made with a wood block. It was very easy but turned out very cute I thought! It was also easy on the bank account. I think it ended up being $7.30 a piece. In this picture I wasn’t finished decorating around the edges. After the ribbon on top I added lace on top and on the sides.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- A piece of wood thick enough to stand up on a table by itself, cut and sanded (my husband cut mine 8 inches in length)
- Scrapbook paper in whatever design you’d like
- Mod Podge
- Thick paint brush for spreading the Mod Podge
- Binder Clip or other type of clip that you can hot glue to the wood block and will hold your photo
- Ribbon, lace, trim, etc for decorating the top and sides of your wood block
- Hot Glue Gun
- Put your block of wood on the backside of your scrapbook paper and trace so you will have the right size paper to put on your wood block. Cut your scrapbook paper along the lines you made.
- Use your paint brush to spread the Mod Podge on your block of wood, put your scrapbook paper in place on the wood, and spread more Mod Podge on top of your paper.
- Let it dry, then smooth out any air bubbles.
- Hot glue your clip for holding the photo on the top middle part of your wood block.
- Using ribbon, lace, trim, etc. decorate the top and edges of the wood block and glue into place with your hot glue gun.
- Insert a photo into your clip and enjoy or give as a gift!