I’ve never been a big fan of the frozen hot pockets, but when my mom made this homemade version I loved it! I love breaded things and this uses biscuit dough (yum!).
- 1 package of biscuit dough (I use Pillsbury)
- 1 package of diced ham (they package ham all diced for you at the grocery store)
- 1 package shredded cheese
*1 package of biscuit dough usually holds 8 biscuits so if each person eats 2 this recipe makes enough for 4 people*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put a couple handfuls of flour down on the counter or a towel and some on your hands. Flatten one round biscuit dough on the floured surface.
- Put some diced ham in the middle and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. A handful of each or a little less. Just eye this part keeping in mind you’ll need to pull the dough edges up around it.
- Once you have the diced ham and cheese in the middle, pull the edges of the dough up on top of your ingredients and pinch together so everything is now encased in the dough.
- Now that the ham and cheese is encased in the dough and the dough is pinched shut, place it (pinched side down) on a greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the biscuits.
- I spray a bit of my non-stick cooking spray on top of my ham and cheese hot pockets and put it in the oven. Bake for 10+ minutes until golden brown.
They are especially good hot out of the oven but they can be reheated for another meal and are still very good. I make these for dinner usually but after giving the recipe to a friend I found out she uses it for breakfast! So whatever meal you choose is up to you!